Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Come to our Holiday Open House this Weekend!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday here at our farm with many of my family members arriving. The Farmer hitched up the haywagon and we enjoyed a ride up the hill and enjoyed the amazing view. I hope you and yours had a nice holiday too.



This coming weekend December 2/3 my family and I are hosting our 3rd Holiday Open House here at our Leyden Glen Farm. Hours are 10-4 both days. 

I have been working like a mad woman painting pottery and firing it in my kiln. 



Here is a load that is still cooling in the kiln. I will need to add the glossy glaze after these pieces cool and then fire them again. 



This week, I am sewing tea towels which I had printed with my very own textile designs. Fingers crossed my sewing machine doesn't break down. It is more than 40 years old. 



Julia has been keeping me company in my studio with her very own bit of holiday making. She is rocking the pom poms. Tomorrow she is breaking out the glitter! 

There will be sheep to visit and of course our farm raised lamb will be available for holiday meals. My friends Gail Callahan (aka The Kangaroo Dyer) and Deborah Garner will setting up their incredible wares. And this just in - my neighbor Alicia Hunsicker will be making a special appearance on Saturday with her amazing art. 

I hope some of you can make it to the farm. We are two hours from Boston, 1 hour from Hartford and 3 1/2 hours from NYC. 

Find directions here. We are also on Google as Leyden Glen Lamb if you are using GPS. 

Hours are 10 to 4 both days.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just reading about your open house this weekend. I see the dates listed, but no info regarding time.

Kristin Nicholas said...

10-4 both days. More info on my website here - http://www.kristinnicholas.com/

Kristin Nicholas said...

10-4 both days

Jo said...

How far is it from Denver?

Kristin Is Now Writing Over on Substack

Hi All! A quick note to let you all know that I'm now writing a Newsletter over on Substack: Kristin Nicholas' Colorful Newsletter f...